Sunday 18 January 2009

Imagine...

Ok, got to keep this weeks post short as I promised myself I would be in bed for 9pm and its now 8.50pm!

Training has been superb this week. I've felt really pumped up for it all week and even managed to get on the turbo! I've managed to keep my promise of getting out on the bike every weekend of the year (apart from race days) and I have had a good a swim week as I can remember. 

Key highlights: 
3 great swim sessions - 4.3k, 4.1k and the first T30 swim I've done (covered 1.75k). Felt great all week and really pleased with where I am for this time of the season. 

Pilates - I'm loving my twice weekly classes and am feeling the benefits in my core, posture and overall conditioning. Highly recommend taking up these classes if you are serious about your long term well-being. 

Saturday bike - only 1 hour 45 mins but the most pleasing thing was that I got out. After the T30 swim I was shattered and really didn't fancy taking on the gusty winds. But I got out and a decent little session - staying in the big ring throughout and holding a decent pace. 

Sunday run - 2 hours off-road covering 13 miles. After a big week, this hurt but was ultimately satisfying. Must admit that I didn't enjoy as much as usual due to tiredness and slippery conditions. Had a hot bath straight after to warm up but it made me feel 10 times worse! 

Just a short note on non-training stuff - as you know I like to download what is on my mind!

The reason for the title of this weeks post is due to the historical event taking place in America this week. Barack Obama is filling the world with optimism about positive change. Driving home tonight I heard John Lennon's Imagine, what a great track for this week (and all weeks). Lets all imagine a better world, and then make it happen...

See you in seven...

M.

PS - Check out this great site which I read about on howies site - designyak.co.uk